Why Choose PenTrust?
Your mortgage is more than just a loan. It's a significant life event. It's the most debt most people will take on in their lifetime. It's tied to the emotions of buying a home. To honor that, we make the following promise to you:
- We will help you make an informed mortgage decision by taking the time to understand your goals and larger financial picture.
- We will walk you through options. There is no one-size-fits-all mortgage.
- We will be available to you directly throughout the process through your preferred mode of communication.
- We will use technology to inform and empower you, but won't let it get in the way.
- If you are purchasing a property or building a home, we will work closely with your real estate professional to make sure your loan closes when you need it to close.
VA Home Loan Benefit
At PenTrust, having the privilege to lend to our country's brave men and women is an honor we take very seriously. As a VA-approved lender, we have high standards and work hard to provide a stress-free experience. Whether you are retiring or relocating, our expertise in local markets will ease the transition.
- 61% of our branch's volume is VA loans
- Top VA Lender in El Paso County
- We have received various certificates of appreciation including the 68th combat Sustainment Battalion and the 110th Military Policy Company.
- We are also involved in the Joint Community Forces Group which supports our reservist personnel throughout the Front Range.
The Federal Housing Administration, generally known as ”FHA,” provides mortgage insurance on loans made by lenders, which allows the lender to bear less risk in the event of the homeowner’s default. The FHA has insured over 34 million homes since its inception in 1934.
- For 1st time buyers and move-up buyers, too!
- Available for 1 - 4 unit properties (owner must occupy one unit).
- Gift funds from immediate family members allowed for down payment and closing costs.
- Qualified non-occupant cosigners permitted on 1 unit properties.
- Options to buy a home and finance the fix-ups or refinance and add the cost of repairs/remodel.
- Flexible credit qualifying guidelines for debt-to-income ratio, credit history, and credit scores.
Whether you are purchasing or refinancing your existing mortgage, our conventional mortgage product may benefit you.
- Competitive interest rates which can lower your monthly housing expense compared to other programs.
- No monthly or upfront mortgage insurance costs are required as long as a sufficient down payment is made. Talk with your mortgage advisor for more details about available down payment options and how they impact mortgage insurance requirements.
- A variety of repayment periods from 10 to 30 years are allowed with conventional loans. This gives you more flexibility in arranging the terms of your mortgage relative to your budget, and shorter terms can lead to lower interest costs over the life of the loan.
We understand the needs of luxury home buyers and manage their transactions with care and professionalism. We offer a broad range of Jumbo products with those needs in mind.
- Loan amounts up to $2,000,000 available.
- Low down payment options available for loan amounts up to $650,000.
- Many of our jumbo products do not require monthly mortgage insurance payments.
- Debt to income ratios up to 49% allowed for loan amounts up to $1,000,000 (additional reserve funds and higher minimum credit score required).
- Cash reserve requirements as low as 6 months available for borrowers with limited assets (loan amounts up to $900,000).
- Loan approvals are subject to a full underwriting analysis of income, assets, credit, and collateral
USDA Rural Development Program
The USDA Program offers mortgage financing to borrowers who want to live in a rural community. They support this mission by offering mortgage financing for rural properties through approved lenders like PenTrust Mortgage Group.
This product might be a good fit for you if...
- You are looking for 100% Financing.
- You would like to roll the required guarantee fee and closing costs into the loan amount (as long as those costs don’t exceed the appraised value).
- Your income is lower than the maximum allowed by the program (income limits are defined by the USDA and vary by location).
- You’re looking for a loan term of up to 30 years and an interest rate that is fixed for the life of the loan.
CHFA provides a variety of mortgage programs to home buyers in Colorado, and they now offer a Down Payment Assistant Grant with several of their programs which covers closing costs and/or down payment funds. Most CHFA programs do not require borrowers to be first-time home buyers, but they do require a $1,000 minimum financial investment (which can be gifted). Borrowers must meet program income limits, and the transaction must meet underwriting guidelines.